Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Dave retires!

Today was Dave's last official day at work forever - wow! I am so envious! Mind you, he'll probably go back on contract work for a few months each year but that's different. I started off the day with brekkie with three girlfriends at Red Belly Black, then I had a meeting in town followed by coffee with another friend then lunch with yet another friend before going to the hairdresser to have a short haircut before I leave. Today I also found the most fantastic Canberra cookbooks to take with me overseas for gifts for our hosts. (I DO work inbetween all this important stuff!) The photos of Canberra and the recipes from classy restaurants are stunning - drool material. I want one myself. It was exciting to find I have two comments on this blog site. Thanks Aki and CJ. Cool, people are actually reading this - I should be able to spice it up a bit next week! I went to the AIS track after work and managed a main set of 6 x 400m. I was so unmotivated and had to force myself to go but I'm really glad I did it. You always feel better afterwards! There were only two of us on the track. We did lots of drills and stretches too. It was good. In fact I wore shorts tonight after feeling far too hot in leggings on Monday night.

4 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger speedygeoff said...

We'll keep an eye on your progress overseas via this weblog! Well done strewth in getting it started. I will alert the less ITfunctional members of our running community to your blog. You will have to watch Dave after your holiday; life will get much busier than when he was working. Can I quote your "reason for training" - "you always feel better afterwards"? On Monday I asked the runners afterwards if they felt good but they only wheezed.

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Ruth - what a wonderful idea to have your own website!! i am so impressed! we are looking forward to seeing you and dave tomorrow nite and will hear more goss then no doubt
love
helen

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look forward to seeing you at swimming Friday morning. I swam at Belconnen pool Wednesday night and then went for a quick run this morning. Have decided to run the Sydney marathon! Now I have to start training.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Yes Ruth, hasn't it been hot! I was training in a T-shirt last night. Tropical Canberra in the middle of June!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home